– The REAL Truth About You!
You are okay, you are enough, and you are all you need. (Really.) And even though that last bit sounds counter-intuitive it really, really isn’t…
[Last updated: June, 2016 – post summary]
You Are All You Need – An Introduction…
Can you imagine if this wasn’t true, if you were not all you need?
I’m smiling, as I write these words, because I know, very much so, that you can! You see, I’ve come to realise that most people (including myself, once) are looking outside of themselves (to other people), for what it is really inside. And this is what the Inside Out Understanding is all about…
So once upon a time, when I knew a lot less about life than I do now (er, that would be 2008!), I decided to promote my brand new guru-free self-help site, SelfHelpCollective.com, via my brand new inspirational quotes newsletter (called The Weekly Wonder).
And to do that, and with very little thinking on my mind I might add, I ended up creating (and offering for free) an ebook called – (tada!) – “You Are All You Need!”.
I really didn’t think too much about this title, just believed it to be true.
But now, via this post, I’d like to briefly explain why I believe this powerful statement is true…
WHY You Are All You Need!
Okay, I’d like to explain my thinking behind the (controversial?) sentiments, “You Are All You Need”.
I’d first like to explain myself by talking about what “You Are All You Need” DOESN’T MEAN:
- It doesn’t mean that friends and family are unimportant
- It doesn’t mean that you can’t learn from others
- It doesn’t mean – if you’re a believer, or even if you’re not – that God (Source, Infinite Intelligence, Mind…) is unimportant. (Far from it! Turns out God expresses him / her / itself through you!)
Instead, it means that this is your life and what happens in it is up to you!
Obviously, what happens in your life is also up to ‘life’ (or God or nature or ‘luck’ or whatever word you use for ‘events’ you have no control over), and it’s up to you how you respond to those ‘events’ and to the the people and situations in your life (now, and in the future).
Still, when all is said and done, this is YOUR life, and what happens in it depends on YOU!
Imagine if this weren’t true!
- Your ‘life success’ would then depend on certain events happening – e.g. marriage, parenthood, great career [insert important event you’re waiting to happen before you can feel happy]
- Your peace of mind could only occur if nothing ‘unpleasant’ happened to you – either now, or way back in the deep, dark past
- Your happiness would then depend on the opinions of others – e.g. your mother would have to love you exactly how you wanted her to love you; same goes for your Dad, your siblings, everyone
(Can you see how holding onto this small set of conditions, or something similar, is going to make anyone unhappy! Can you see how giving your power away like this – how denying the fact that you are all you need – IS the source of any problems you experience. Can you?)
Want to know more? Get daily email reminders, they're free!
Join the Daily Reset! E-zine – your daily weekday reminder of the Inside-Out Understanding.
What ‘Being Enough’ (and Being Okay) Looks Like, Then?
In one word, it looks like this: Love.
In two words it looks like this: Take responsibility!
And in three words, I would say this: You are enough.
Yes, when you realise you are all you need wonderful things start to happen in your life; you start to realise for yourself that:
- There is no need to pay attention to fear
- There is no need to hold back your love
- There is no need to do anything – anything! – except “show up, and respond to what shows up!”
Yes, it’s okay if you make mistakes. Yes, it’s okay if you look foolish. It’s even okay to act from fear sometimes.
It’s just okay, okay?
By all means be guided by others, listen to their wisdom and advice and be open to knowing more, but understand that life as it expresses itself via you, depends on you expressing yourself, on you trusting yourself, AND…
And it depends on you being okay with your imperfections, your having an ‘off day’, your willingness to be wrong.
Don’t you think?…
(Do you think?)
That’s it. A short post. I could say much more on this topic, but I’ll leave that for another time, should it be necessary.
You are all you need. ‘Nuff said!
Are YOU All You Need?
Do you see the inside out nature of this statement, the inside out truth of it?
Would you like to?
Transformative coaching can help!
Find out more – work with me?